Quick Links

Quick Links

St. Paul's CE Primary School

  • Arbor MIS Arbor MIS
  • SearchSearch Site
  • Translate Translate Page
  • Twitter Twitter
Forward As One CE Academy Trust

Special Educational Needs and Disabilities

Bolton Council SEND Offer

At St. Paul's, we have a dedicated Early Years SENDCo (Mrs. Gizzi), who works closely with the school SENDCo's (Miss. Taylor & Mrs. Gardner) to support our pupils with SEND and their families. 

The local offer of services for children with Special Educational Needs or Disability in Bolton can be found by clicking on the link above.

We understand that if you believe your child may have Special Educational Needs or a disability you will have many questions that you need answers to. Questions such as;

What type of SEN provision is made throughout school? Regulations 1 and 3e

What is the school policy for the identification of needs? How does the school assess whether a child has SEN (D) Regulation 2

 What is the school ethos and approach to SEN (D)?  Regulation 3

How does the school evaluate the effectiveness of the provision made? Regulation 3a

How does the school adapt the curriculum and school environment for its pupils? Regulation 3d.

How does the school ensure the inclusion of pupils with SEN(D) in activities outside of the classroom? Regulation 3f

Who do I contact for further details? Regulation 4

 What specialist skills/expertise do school staff have? Regulation 5

What training is available to staff? Regulation 5

How is equipment and facilities to support pupils secured? Regulation 6

What can a parent do if they have concerns? Regulation 7

How should complaints regarding SEN provision be made and how will they be dealt with? Regulation 9

What external specialist services are accessed by schools to meet the needs of pupils and support their families? Regulation 10

Who outside of school can I turn to for advice and support? Regulation 11

How does the school support pupils with SEN during transition? Regulation 12

Where can I find information about Local Authority provisions for children with SEN? Regulation 13

Answers to all these questions can be found in our school policy for SEND.

By law, we must publish an SEN information report on our school’s policy for pupils with SEN.

The report must comply with:

section 69(2) of the Children and Families Act 2014

regulation 51 and schedule 1 of the Special Educational Needs and Disability Regulations 2014

The Policy in relation to pupils with Special Educational needs or disabilities (SEND) can be found by opening the link below.

SEND Offer >